#Poem - O Sweet Child Of Mine


Walking with you
Close by my chest
I look around
And feel this warmth
Like never before.
Your smile, your touch
Comforting bliss
Like I have never known.
With you,
O sweet child of mine,
This world beyond
The window,
Though inviting,
Feels perilous too.


The chirping birds,
melodious.
The flowers,
Colorful, fragrant.
The smiles,
Wider.
The songs,
Happier.
This life,
Full of dreams
O sweet child of mine,
Everything I see now
Is more beautiful
With you tucked
By my chest.


But I fear too,
The other side.
The heartbreaks,
The heartaches,
Life's painful strives.
O Sweet child of mine,
Wearing those
Tiny shoes,
How do I say
I see gloom too
Outside this window
And beyond?

Even on a beautiful day
With everything bright
With flowers in
Full bloom,
The sun generous
With warm sunlight,
Everything seems fine,
But I see,
danger lurking too.
O sweet child of mine,
How do I ever
Stop worrying
For you?
How do I ever
Let go?


© www.nabanitadhar.in

***

I'm writing this for BAR-A-THON.
Today's prompt: Tiny Shoes

Also linking to #FridayReflections hosted by WriteTribe & Sanch.

Write Tribe

Today's prompt: What can you see outside your window? Describe the weather, the sights, the sounds in the best possible way

Labels: