Every year starting 2014, I have done a post about how weird I am. Don't roll your eyes just yet, you'll get your chance later. I promise. Last year it was called I’m Weird Because
and it listed my quirks for you to devour. Frankly, I enjoyed every moment of writing that. The year before that, I had done the very first of the series, 'I'm Blank Because
', which again was a lot of fun. These posts inspired by Little Miss Momma's Post - I'm Blank Because
were, and still, are my way of letting my hair down. Well, I did say, I'm weird, didn't I?
Here I am again today, to repeat this exercise, to laugh a little and basically take it a little easy.
So, are you ready?
Let's find out how my weirdness has evolved since the last time I prepared this list. Shall we?
I’m still weird because……
- I like having lunch alone at the office because everyone else eats so slowly! I hate waiting for them or even engaging in small talk while devouring my food.
- I still carry a sweater to office even in the middle of summers.
- I still absolutely abhor fruits, especially mangoes.
- I start with dislike when I meet someone new to avoid getting hurt.
- I have an internal timer which makes me want to finish everything as soon as I start it. Ridiculous, I know.
- I don't know what kind of conversation to have with the other mommies at M's creche.
- I still can't drive.
- I'm not comfortable chatting with anyone in person or on social media.
- I'm horrible at initiating conversation. I can only answer questions posed to me and sometimes I don't even ask any back.
- I always need a third person around when I go to meet friends so that the onus of continuing the conversation does not fall on me.
- I want to control everything that goes on in the lives of those I love so that they never get hurt.
- I still don't enjoy going for long drives. They are simply tiring!
- I feel like everyone else gets everything easily and I'm stuck with trying without luck.
- I still feel like the entire world is out to get me.
- I have started liking Ginger Tea, which knowing me, is really something.
- I still have no interest in ice-creams.
- I would rather spend my holidays sleeping in than going for a trip outside.
- I'm still always angry. I'm the SHE-HULK.
- I still can't take criticism. It just makes me angry and defensive.
- I hate being added to Whatsapp Groups.
- I never forgive nor forget.
- I absolutely dislike people who think the best way to do anything is to do it their way.
- When I'm told that I have to do something which I don't want to, I try every possible trick in the book to not do it at all.
- I still can feel extreme heat and extreme cold, in the same space, within a span of a minute!
- I avoid socializing with office people outside of work. This can never change.
- It's been a year but I still don't like what my cook prepares for dinner. The strange thing is I don't even want to throw him out. Well, not just yet.
- I have this strange apathy towards cumin seeds but the powder, I like. My cook though always wants to put cumin seeds in everything he prepares. I hate that. So, I just hide them from him.
- I hate it when guests walk all over my living room carpet with their dirty shoes on. Who does that?
- I still don't take kindly to being told what to do, how to do and when to do by people who clearly have no idea how to sort even the smallest of problems in their own lives!
- I still don't like lending my books to anyone. I believe, if you want to read, buy your own books!
- My family thinks I keep fighting with everyone but I don't agree! (PS: God Forbid if you cross me!)
- I feel no one cleans my house better than myself but I have slowly started to accept that either I can clean my house or rest, now that I have an infant at home.
- I hate it when my cook makes my kitchen dirty. I feel like throwing him out but out of sheer laziness I don't.
- I don't like having pets at home.
- I love dancing when no one else in around.
- I'm still paranoid about my sister going out after 10 at night. I make her send me her Whatsapp location just so I know she is at home, safe. I literally stalk her! The latest is that she has muted me on Whatsapp.
- I stomp my feet when I'm angry and make weird faces.
- I possess a supernatural eves-dropping capability. So, I listen to all conversations going on around me without even realizing that I'm doing so.
- I have never got caught doing anything I wasn't supposed to and I have always done things that I wasn't supposed to!
- I was born an old lady in a young person's body and am now on the way to becoming an old person in an old person's body.
Well, I guess that much weirdness is enough for the day. Don't you think?
It still is very cathartic, writing about your weird habits. Trust me.
Tell me are you a little weird too, in your own way of course? If yes, I'd love to hear and know that I'm not alone! And if you had told me last year, then tell me, have you picked up any new quirks along the way in the past year?