Don't you just love Decembers?
Well, I do. There has always been something magical about this month, still is. The winter, the end of final exams, the beginning of a two and a half month long winter break, journey to Gramdma's, Christmas carols, New Year celebrations at a new destination and so much more. The chill, the cold winter sun, eating oranges in the patio, watching television throughout the day, reading Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, afternoon naps. Oh! I could go on and on. Yes, I have always, always loved the last month of the year. Always.
It's 31st December already!
The last day of this wonderful December and of the year is here now. It is a day when every one feels compelled to introspect and plan at the same time. Resolutions get made, a day when celebrations are in order, whether big or small.
I can't believe that 2015 is only with us for a few more hours. It's slipping by so fast, almost as fast as the year has gone by.
It seems just like yesterday that
- We took off for a holiday to Goa in January. It was our little way to usher in 2015, a year which is now almost over.
- We discovered I was pregnant. It was just March, wasn't it? We still had 9 long months to wait before the munchkin arrived. 2015 had just begun.
Time flies, doesn't it? It has been proven every single time. And now see we are about to bid 2015 goodbye forever.
What did I gain this year?
I don't know if I can sum up everything. Some people really do that beautifully but not me. I find it hard. All the lessons, if any, seem abstract. I know they are somewhere in my memory palace. But when I reach out to grab them, to present to even myself, they drift further away. Well, not much of a wordsmith then am I? But I can always be thankful, grateful. So, that's what I'll do.
Gratitude is in order
2015 I thank you for
- ...my M.
- ...being a year where I donned a new hat, a year when I became a mother.
- ...giving me a new role, one that is challenging too. What's life without something that keeps you on your toes eh?
- ...two wonderful vacations in South Goa. Beach holidays are so much fun?
- ...being a year which wasn't as taxing as 2014 on my family from the health point of view. Touch wood!
- ...not having to spend months away from S for the first time in years.
- ...being quite alright on the work front.
- ...letting me work throughout my pregnancy which I really wanted to do.
- ...discovering again that S and I work wonderfully as a team in the face of new obstacles and challenges.
- ...all the hard times too. Can't learn without going through some, can we?
- ...quality time with my sister. I'm so glad that she is posted here in the same city as me.
- ...blogging. I think it is one of the essential elements of my existence and without it I'm like a bird with clipped wings. It turned out to be quite an exciting year in blogging too.
- ...all my readers. Thank You, really!
Well, that is all that comes to my mind for now.
But before I go,
I wish you a Very Happy & Prosperous New Year, my friends.
See you next year!