A Few Of My Favorite Things


Are you on Twitter? Well, I’m sure most of you probably are. Now, don’t get me wrong, I love the platform. There are undoubtedly a lot of positives to it. In fact, someday I might even do a post on that. However, at times the sheer negativity spread through it makes me nauseous, so much so that it even ends up upsetting me a great deal. How much stupidity, ignorance, filth and nonsense can you fit in 140 characters? There seems to be a competition for that amongst most.

As luck would have it, today is one of those days when the tweets of certain people from the blogging world really let me down. I realized how wrong I was about them. Let’s just say it makes me sad seeing our intelligentsia thwarting reason, forming uninformed, cynical opinions and spreading the same as well. Somebody needs to tell them that going with the noise is not really the sign of well-read individuals. That somebody is certainly not going to be me. However, they need to be told, what they are doing is not a good indication for the country.

I can’t change them all, can I? I wish I could but who would listen to me and why?

In spite of the disappointment that I feel right now there will be no sulking today. Instead, I'm going to share a few of my favorite things with you. In the process, improve my mood as well perhaps? Sounds like a plan.

They say talk about the things you like and everything will get better. Let's find out. So, here they are.

  1. Pineapples. Yes, pineapples are the only fruits that I like. No apples, no mangoes, no grapes, nothing at all. No, not even those exotic and ridiculously expensive fruits.
  2. Staying at home is my favorite pass time. No parties, no long drives, nothing. I take the saying ‘Home Sweet Home, there’s no place like home’ quite literally.
  3. I like reading books where the protagonist is a woman who teaches the annoying, cheating man in her life a lesson or two. What’s more, she neither flinches crossing the line nor gets caught doing so. S actually makes it a point to find thrillers with such story lines for me. God bless him for that and obviously more!
  4. I'm elated beyond words when my weekend plans of meeting someone gets cancelled. I just pretend to be sorry that things didn’t work out and relax at home.
  5. I love eating out even if my health doesn’t permit! S and I are so not health, or rather calorie conscious, which we know is not a great thing, but we just can’t help it.
  6. Tequila. Well, a girl needs to drink, doesn't she? I love, absolutely love tequila. Oh it has been ages since I last had a shot.
  7. My Kindle. I used to think I can never ever adapt to reading on a device. But shockingly I'm rather enjoying Kindle a lot. Of-course, the charm of a paperback is something else altogether but Kindle is not so bad either.
  8. Winter! I love winters. For some reason, the season brings about a lot of positivity and cheer, more than any other.
  9. Watching back to back movies or binge watching series at home. Trust me it is therapeutic, there is no other way to describe it!
  10. Ginger Tea. I can't believe I'm saying this. I was such a no tea or no coffee person until recently. But all that seems to have changed and today I need at least one cup of ginger tea to get through my day. And no, I don't like the bland Ginger Tea which they make in 5 stars. No, sir. I like the absolutely authentic desi stuff.

Well, that's all for today. These were just a few of my favorite things. Tell me what did you think? What are some of your favorite things?




ABC Wednesday

Labels: