#MondayMusings Change & Life : Companions Forever


Change is the only constant thing in life.

It’s true, isn’t it? Everything changes, every little thing in this world. It has been going on for ages now and it’s not about to stop anytime soon. Like it or not, change is, was and will always be the only constant.

Think about it, are you the same person you were, say, five years ago?

I know I’m not. God knows I’ve transformed so much. In fact, it’s a process that continues still. Therefore, I’m sure you have too.

Have you ever given a thought to how much you have changed over the years?

As for me, honestly, it’s not something that I think about frequently. And maybe it's not even something that I can quantify. But when I do, it dawns on me how different as a person I have become. It’s the same for everyone really. Sometimes the changes are abrupt while at most times they ease into your lives. It’s the former ones that cause the most trouble though. But take comfort from the fact that nothing is permanent, nothing at all. So, what you dislike today may not really be here to bother you tomorrow.


But why am I talking about change so much?

Well, I had to pick a quote for Day 2 of the 3 day quote challenge and somehow this one stood out. More so because I have experienced and felt how my graph as a person has soared or dipped, with no consistent pattern, over the years. I know for a fact that I'm not the same person that I once was anymore. The past me is someone who is very different from the present me. And I'm sure the future me would again be someone I don't quite know yet. Yes, the blueprints are the same you could say. But if I were to look into the mirror at the person I was, say, 10 years back, it wouldn't be the completely same person staring back at me. Thus change the topic for the day.

Well, what do you have to say to that? Do you like change? Or, rather do you believe in change? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Until next time.
Ciao.

***

Linking to:



Write Tribe #MondayMusings
#MicroBlogMondays 45





Labels: