Do Dreams Mean Something, Anything?


Do you believe that dreams mean something, anything?

Well, if you ask me I'd say maybe I do at times while on others I don't. Of-course, at most times my dreams don't really make any sense at all, as I'm sure yours do too or don't for that matter. Basically, I'm not yet decided on what I believe when it comes to the meaning of dreams.

What kind of dreams do you have while sleeping? Yes, that kind of dream not your aspirations.

Source freedigitalphotos.net by Africa
In most of my dreams I can't seem to use my legs and I've heard that's actually a very common phenomenon. But why am I talking about dreams today? Well, I just took a nap and ended up having a not so pleasant dream. So, that's probably the reason why.

Now, I usually don't get riled up by most dreams. When I was in school I would often have dreams of not being able to write anything during exams. Yes, no matter how hard I tried, it just seemed impossible. This dream continued even after my student life got over. Perhaps, it signified obstacles in my path, who knows? I'm no dream interpreter. A few years down the line, I now have dreams of not being able to find the right dress for work. Well, I'm not even sure how to read that. So, as you can see my dreams have mostly been about me not being able to do things.

“I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?” ― John Lennon

However, there have been occasions when dreams have been more towards the nightmare side of the scale. They have made me anxious and even scared me a fair bit. I remember having a horrible, horrible dream just before my 10th boards. No, it had nothing to do with studies. Let's just say it had something to do with my mother. And honestly that morning was perhaps one of the worst in terms of the after effects of a dream. I was worried and concerned. And today as well the dream involved her, flash floods and snakes. God! I can't even begin to tell you how sick I feel right now, so sick from the pit of my stomach. I also know that probably it means nothing but the heart is certainly taking time to bounce back to normality. These nightmares I tell you!

“Nightmares exist outside of logic, and there's little fun to be had in explanations; they're antithetical to the poetry of fear.” ― Stephen King

Such is the affect of this nightmare that I have been surfing the net looking for it's explanation. Now, I don't have to tell you that has led me nowhere. It's probably nothing. No, it certainly means nothing. But I'm just a little shaken up. It's like I've watched a movie that has scared me out of my wits. Well, maybe, by writing it here I can move on from that awful dream, or nightmare more appropriately.

So, tell me have you ever felt this way after a dream or a nightmare?

Labels: