How was your weekend? Good?
away from office does wonders to the soul, doesn't it?
Well, I certainly had a great time. I met up with two of my favorite
people for which I need to thank my blog. If it wasn't for it my
horizon wouldn't have coalesced with theirs. And that would have been such a
loss for I would have missed out on so much. So it’s safe to say my Saturday
was well spent and in great company too. And then Sunday was spent lazing
around the house, reading specifically. But the icing on the cake was that I didn't
have to cook even a single meal in the weekend. My sister took care of that.
Now, those who have been reading me for a while would immediately realize how
happy that would have made me.
But then the inevitable happened; the
weekend ended! Well, we can’t win them all, can we? So I dragged my very reluctant
self to office and began waiting for Friday once again.
I must confess I dread Mondays, absolutely
abhor them. And more so now. So why not brighten up the mood
with a gratitude post? It has anyways been a long time since I’ve done one. Though I'm not particularly grateful for Mondays, I can surely be grateful for the other things in life which remain in-spite of Mondays. Sounds good?
So here are a few things that made
me happy last week, turned the frown upside down so to speak.
- Reading some great books. I think the feeling that comes with reading a good book is something that can't be explained only experienced.
- Watching movies with sis after a long, long time. It was as if we were transported back to our childhood. With her even the boring ones seem so funny!
- Not having to cook. I think half of my stress vanishes in thin air when I get to spend even a day without entering the kitchen. And thankfully I've been able to avoid it completely for some time now.
- Meeting up with friends, talking and laughing. It was so refreshing and stimulating.
- The fact that 2 weeks have passed since S flew to Germany and now we have only 5 more weeks to somehow squeeze by makes me happy. Of-course, more than half of his stay still remains but it'll be easier if I look on the bright side, right? I'm happy as with each sunset the day of his return draws closer.
So that was my list. What about you? What made you smile last week? Come, share & read.
Be Happy. Be Grateful!