Now what tips do I give? Tough prompt, this one I must say!
Did you know that I've been consciously trying to be a positive person for the past two months? To be frank health issues in the family actually pushed me towards this. Let's just say I was tired of being unhappy & upset. Of-course, there were moments when I relapsed into the arms of hopelessness but then I also bounced back, at-least tried to. So why not share with you a few tricks about being happy, being positive, because let's face it the world isn't as rosy a place as we would want it to be?
- Devote some time, even if 10 odd minutes, to something that you like doing. I do this with reading and trust me it does lift my spirits. No matter how busy my day tends to be I end it, however late it might be, only after reading at-least one chapter from a book.
- Good food. I love eating out and experimenting with different cuisines. So on weekends, and even on weekdays sometimes, I try to go out for dinner or lunch. It refreshes the mind and keeps me bright and happy. So find your equivalent to that!
- Not react to negativity. There will be times when someone or something will make you angry. Things could be unfair and people might not understand that you need a break, you could be overloaded at home as well as at work. During these times it's very easy to be unhappy. I know because I get cranky when I have to cook day and night for guests and then end up working like a mule at office. But then I've learnt not to let it rule over me. Try it out I say.
- Listen to music. Can there be anything more soothing than music?
- Unload some of your responsibilities. I hate my time spent in the kitchen. So I've unloaded the chopping responsibility to the husband, on his own advise. And trust me I feel much better now that I don't have to do everything from beginning to the end.
- Practice patience. How's that even possible? Well, all I can say is give things time. Let it go basically. You can't take care of everything and everyone's happiness. Accept that!
- Involve yourself in activities that you like doing just like I write and take part in the initiatives by Write Tribe. It keeps me happy because I actually end up doing what I like to, what I want to.
- Ignore the people who make you unhappy. You don't need such happiness suckers in your life. Ignore them! Ignore them!
- Stop trying to fix everything that is broken. You are not God or Iron Man for that matter! Take it easy and let time be the healer.
- You come first. Remember this. Unless you are happy, everyone around you will not be happy either.
- Face all the challenges keeping in mind that a new day will surely come. The silver lining my friends!
Now go make some of your own Pixie Dust & be Happy!
By the way did any of my tips make sense to you at all? Just say yes even if it didn't?