Mostly Gibberish with some sensible quotes


The first day of the long, long weekend is here and I have absolutely no clue about what to write! As usual I'm as busy as busy can be with not even a minute to spare. Yes, I'm writing this in between chores! Remind me to write a post on how difficult it is to do that. Anyways, as I was saying my packed schedule makes me wonder if I will ever catch a break this year? Oh yes the three month long holiday in Europe this year. I forgot that, din't I? Don't blame me I just feel that a life time has passed since then!

It's the second day of Durga Puja and I'm busy in the Kitchen. Great! Growing up really screws up you sometimes. But there'll be a better tomorrow, a more relaxed tomorrow I'm sure. Until then my mantra is hope! Well, that is all we've got, haven't we? Hope!

Now since I'm totally blank and not even sure what gibberish I should bore you with I'll leave you with some wonderful quotes about and pro woman. I should thank Corinne for this first. After reading her post I thought I could do a post along the same lines with quotes. Thank You Corinne!

So, yes the posts on/for women. Here they are!

“Never underestimate the power of a woman” Nellie McClung

"There's a special place in hell for men who abuse women." Eric Gondwe.

"I have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is. I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat.” Rebecca West.

“The test for whether or not you can hold a job should not be the arrangement of your chromosomes” Bella Abzug

“When women thrive, all of society benefits, and succeeding generations are given a better start in life” Kofi Annan

“The emotional, sexual, and psychological stereotyping of females begins when the doctor says, "It's a girl!” Shirley Chisholm

“Women are not inherently passive or peaceful.  We're not inherently anything but human” Robin Morgan

“Men are taught to apologize for their weaknesses, women for their strengths.” Lois Wyse

"A vibrant and independent woman is much more beautiful than a woman who wants people to validate her existence." Kelly McNeils Senegor

"A girl doesn't need anyone who doesn't need her" Marilyn Monroe

And now to you all my dear girls remember you are all Wonder Women in your own right. So live your lives on your own terms. Do what you want to DO and NOT what someone ELSE wants YOU to!

Until next time, Ciao!


***


I'm a Write Tribe Pro Blogger wherein I plan to post daily throughout the year or as long as circumstances permit me :).


Labels: