#MicroblogMondays : On Last Name & Books Read


Today at Stirrup Queens we are discussing Last Names. You know whether one should take the husband’s surname after marriage or not? And if yes, is that a good or a bad thing really? And, hold your breath, all this has got to do with Amal Alamuddin. Why you ask? Well read here for more information I say.

If you ask me about this entire business of last name change post marriage, I'll say it's a personal choice. And I can't stress the point enough that it SHOULD indeed be a personal choice. I'm married and I have not taken my husband's last name. I don't find it necessary or important. I think this is not something that must be given so much importance. I'm still the same person I was, older and slightly wiser maybe, but essentially the same. So why change my last name? But this is how I feel. My views.

My mother however had taken my father's last name. But that didn't make her come after me yelling because I didn't follow her path! It was her choice and she knew what I decided was my own. And I think that's how it should be for all.

I think the society finds some kind of sadistic pleasure in jibing every choice a woman makes. So whether you take your husband's last name or not, it will still mock and question you. So as far as possible smile at their naivety because, if nothing else, it will at-least irritate them. And personally I cannot think of a better way to annoy such judgmental folks.


Now for some other news. Did you know that I finished reading two great books last week? 'Life or Death' by Michael Robotham and 'The Silkworm' by Robert Galbraith last week. Yay for me! Honestly I couldn't have spent my week in a more better way. I feel so proud as if it was some sort of a competition!

And now I'be begun 'The Apple Tree Yard' by Louise Doughty. Let's see how this one goes. Fingers crossed!


***

Source


I’m taking part in #MicroblogMondays hosted by the Stirrup Queens. If you want to know what it’s all about hop over there and you’ll get to know the details.

Labels: