Welcome Fall!


Which is your favorite season of the year?

Spring, summer, autumn or winter?

Why don’t you mull over the answer as I tell you about mine? Sounds like a plan, doesn't it?

I have two favorite seasons really - autumn and winter. I have tried but I just can’t pick between the two. Which one I like more? Well, honestly I don’t know! But you could say they are my joint favorites.

But why these two seasons?

Autumn, or fall as it is called in the US and Canada, because it brings along festivals and holidays that I have loved ever since I was a little girl with pigtails. And winter because well it’s winder! And what’s there not to love about it?

Both these seasons were special in the small hill station town of Shillong nestled in the picturesque hills of Meghalaya. I know because I grew up there. Oh the memories. I remember the elaborate Autumn Fest that was celebrated every year in October. I have lost count of the number of times I had taken part in that, dressed up going around the town as everyone joined in the festivities. And then of-course the three month long winter vacations filled with Christmas Carols, bonfires, picnics and the sweet smell of cakes. You see how the universe conspired to make me fall head over heels in love with these two seasons?

But back to the present and everyone in the blogosphere is busy making their Fall Bucket Lists. Then how could I not take part too? You know me, always ready for such link ups and activities!

So here’s my Autumn Bucket List for you to tear down with your magnifying glass.
So that was my list. Oh and there are some more in the picture used in the post too.


So now do you have the answer to the question I asked you at the beginning?


Which is your favorite season of the year?


And before I end this post a special mention to the scientists at ISRO for the Mars Orbiter Mission. We are proud of you. You have taken the words ‘Where the Mind is without Fear’ to a different level altogether. So happy and proud today. We have come a long way and we have a long way to go.

By the way did you know India is the first country to successfully get a spacecraft into the Martian orbit on its maiden attempt? Great, isn't it?


***
I'm a Write Tribe Pro Blogger wherein I plan to post daily throughout the year or as long as circumstances permit me :). I'm also part of Ultra Blog Challenge.

Labels: