The letter for ABC Wednesday this week is N. So I thought why not take you through N with a list of 5 places I, Naba, would love to visit in my lifetime. Yes, this week's N is about Naba's dream tourist destinations. Let's see if my list matches yours, shall we?
But before going there I must reiterate that as a traveler I'm lazy and need to be literally pushed out of the door. I have sleepless nights worrying about not being able to get sufficient sleep when I have to catch early morning flights. What a conundrum right? I know it's silly but what can I say! Until I reach the destination I'm cranky and irritated. The thought of leaving the comforts of my home to see a new city or town, isn't fascinating at all for me. Yes, you can call me the quintessential reluctant traveler.
But once I'm there the missing smile comes back mysteriously. And then I try and enjoy every moment at the destination I find myself in. That being said let me take you through my five dream destinations.
- Paris - It is a city that makes you fall in love from the moment you set your eyes on it. The City of Light is magical as if the Gods have themselves carved every stone, every brick into mesmerizing beauty. I have recently been there and honestly I can keep going there over and over again. Yes, maybe even not be grumpy at taking early morning flights to it!
- Shillong- Having grown up there I find myself going back there, even if just in thoughts, over and over again. Though the actual trips have reduced substantially after my parents moved away from their, my heart longs for it. I really want to visit Shillong, even if as a tourist, as many times as I can. Maybe it's my hapless attempt at holding on to my childhood.
- England - England fascinates me. So if it works out, one day I would definitely like to visit the country of some of my favorite authors - J.K Rowling, William Shakespeare, Charles Dickens, Jane Austen, J.R.R Tolkein and Agatha Christie and many more. Maybe the magic in the air there would help me write better.
- Goa - I know it's a shame that I haven't yet visited Goa. But I really want to go there and that too alone. Spend some time in a resort and explore the place on my own. Maybe soon!
So there, these are the five places I would love to visit in my lifetime, some again and some for the first time ever.
Oh but wait don't go without telling me about the top 5 places you would love to visit.
- Florence- The birthplace of Renaissance and one of the most beautiful cities in the world, Florence fascinates me. And someday I hope I'd be able to visit it.