World Cancer Day 2014

February 4th was World Cancer Day and Write Tribe came up with the initiative to post about this dreadful disease to spread awareness in whatever way we could. So here I am.

If I can be honest with you, I don’t really know much about Cancer except that it’s truly, truly awful for the one who suffers and also for his/her family and friends. In fact, such is the terror in me about this disease that just merely writing about it is giving me Goosebumps.

I hope I don’t trivialize it with half-baked knowledge in my post. I have thought a lot about what to write. In fact I have even researched on Cancer the whole morning but truth be told there’s so much out there that I don’t know what is right or what is wrong. And I can’t fathom the disease or the dos and don’ts in just a day. And it’s not relationship advice that I would be dishing out but information on a deadly disease so I don’t want to be wrong. That would not be right. The best advice would be to talk to your family doctor and be aware. This makes me realize that I don’t have a family doctor with all the moving around over the past couple of years and need to zero in on one very soon. But that’s beside the point. What I want to say is that consult a medical professional for he/she would know best, the preventive measures, symptoms et al.

When I hear about someone falling prey to this ailment, all I can think of is why? But that’s not really helpful, is it? There is only so much we can do, get regular check-ups and eat right and hope that it doesn't come knocking at our doors. But just today I read a heart touching post of a young girl being affected by it and it makes me wonder if there’s really any way to prevent it if destiny has it in store for us. Pardon my ignorance on this front.

So what can I do to help, to spread awareness? I think the best thing to do would be to guide you to articles which will provide you ample information about this disease, about Cancer.

So take some time out and please visit the below posts by my fellow bloggers. It might help you or your acquaintances in some way. Of course I do pray that it never comes to that. I hope that no one has to go through this disease or worry about defeating it, ever!

http://yourmedguide.com/2014/02/world-cancer-day.html

http://ruchira.hubpages.com/hub/Prostrate-Cancer-a-Silent-Killer

http://shilpaagarg.com/2010/10/breast-cancer-from-to-z.html

Stay Well!

***


Linking this post to Writetribe World Cancer Day 2014 and NaBloPoMo


Labels: