Eager Es


It’s that time of the week again, the time for ABC Wednesday. I must say I'm becoming quite fond of this exercise.

So here it is, my weekly dose from the perspective of Es, E being the letter of the week.

E for Ellen Degeneres. Well I need not tell you how hilarious Ellen is. And that’s precisely the reason why every morning before dragging myself to work, I sit and watch a few minutes of her show. Trust me it helps me feel lighter for no apparent reason at all. Also, I end up laughing out loud, which trust me is really, really rare when you live alone! So Ellen has been my laughter therapy for the last few days and I have enjoyed every bit of it.

E for Elysium. So in continuation with my movie watching spree, I watched Elysium this week. I can’t quite put a finger on it but there was definitely something missing. So I didn't really enjoy the movie as much as I thought I would. Or, maybe I wasn't just in the right frame of mind to watch a movie of this genre. Maybe I need to try something with less action and more drama or romance?

E for Exhausting and brilliant read. As I mentioned in my Ds last week, I had picked up 'The Goldfinch' by Donna Tartt for a read. What can I say about the book? There's no doubt that Tartt is an excellent writer and that she knows her characters inside out but for some reason I felt that 'The Goldfinch' was dragged a little too much in terms of descriptions. While I must say that I loved the plot which from the very beginning reminded me of Dicken's, but after a point it was too difficult to continue reading. And I had almost lost patience after reaching the 350 page mark (the book has a total of 771 pages), which trust me doesn't occur often. So though it is a brilliant book it turned out to be an exhausting read.

E for Esprit. So with Valentine's Day around the corner my husband, S, sent me an Esprit Wrist Watch. It was a surprise and I must say I just fell in love with it from the moment I laid my eyes on it. A few months back S had asked my suggestion on ladies wrist watches for his best friend who was planning to gift one to his fiancee. So I promptly went through the links, critiquing them and finally shortlisting one. What I didn't know then was that while his friend had actually asked for a suggestion, S too had used this opportunity to find out my choice. And from that day onwards the watch sat in his shopping cart which he eventually ordered last week. What can I say except smile away to glory!



E for Envy. Every morning while I wait for my office bus, I see so many couples going to office together and I can't help but feel envious of them. I know I have been sulking about being alone for over a month now. But what can I do? Whenever I see couples these days I end up missing S even more and I envy them for they get to be in the same city while I stand there alone!

So there, these were my Es. Tell me about yours?

***

Linking this post to ABC Wednesday and NaBloPoMo



Labels: