You are wonderful!

***UBC Day 25 and Write Tribe's National Compliment Day Celebration***

Who doesn't like to be complimented? We all do. A little nudge in the positive direction, a commendation adds a rhythm in our stride. And it doesn't have to be something big. It's all about the simple things really. To be told that our hair looks fabulous or that we have flawless skin. To be told our new attire really suits us or that the dinner we cooked was delicious. Or, simply to be told that we are wonderful. These small yet significant things always, always curve our lips in the right direction. It might not change anything but for that instant and then upto several more later, we bask in the warmth of this fuzzy feeling of being acknowledged, of being liked. After all human beings are suckers for love and appreciation, right?

Write Tribe came up with the beautiful idea to celebrate National Compliment Day which was on the 24th of January. A very happiness and smile inducing endeavor in my view if you may ask. And what is even better is that we need to write about the best compliments we have received in life so far. Wonderful isn't it? To be able to relive those beautiful moments again?

A compliment makes every day bright and sunny!

Strangely it's hard to recollect all the sweet nothings that might have been whispered to me in life so far. I guess I'm just getting forgetful with every passing year! But then there are some which come to mind pushing through all the clutter that has accumulated over the years.

Many years ago while I was appearing for Kathak (Madhyama) practical examinations, the panel of examiners told my father while I was standing next to him that I should never stop dancing for it is in my soul. They were from a renowned university in India and I was just in the 5th standard. To this day just replaying that in my head makes me happy. It was one of the best things anyone has ever said about me. Even at that age I knew this was something I'll never forget.

When my sister talks to me about anything and everything without hesitation, I feel complimented. I see siblings not being able to communicate with each other. I'm thankful my sister and I can be transparent with each other, there's no room for hesitation in our rapport. Touch-wood! And that my friend is universe's way of lauding me.

When I'm told that I'm a good daughter, these simple words become the greatest accolades for me. What else can be more beautiful then being told by the people who gifted you this life that you are a daughter they are proud to have? I don't think anything compares.

When my husband, who hates displaying emotions, admits that he misses me, that is me being commended by all the elements of nature. I also remember his very first compliment to me. It was in our first year of college and I had performed a dance during culturals. When we met after the program he had praised my performance. It was and still is special for we hadn't begun dating then and now look where we have come!

In one of my previous posts I had also mentioned about two of the best, unexpected but best, compliments I had received so far. Thinking about them truly brings a smile on my face.

So enough about me, I want to read about you?

By the way did I tell you that you are wonderful for taking the time out to read my blog? Thank You!

***


Write Tribe

My fellow Bloggers Richa SinghShilpa GargSheethal and Suzy are taking part in UBC. Drop in and cheer them too if you please :).Trust me nothing motivates us bloggers more than a comment from our readers!

Labels: