Rapt Musings


This post is for UBC Day 7
****
Change is the only constant in life; a perpetual verity. What matters though is the reflection you see in the mirror with each passing year.

Last week I came across an article at oprah.com. It’s called 11 Things Every Woman Should Write Down Before the Year Ends. I found it on the timelines of many blogger friends of mine. So I thought why shouldn’t I give it a try? Of-course, I missed the year-end deadline by a week but it’s alright, isn’t it?

The article persuades you to reflect, which is so rare these days. Where’s the time? But I thought why not? So here it goes.

1. What Younger You Would Like About Present You?

I remember the past me standing tight-lipped in front of an audience during a debate competition in school. I was in the 7th standard then. It was horrible! I was so nervous. I wouldn’t say I had stage fright for I had been dancing on stage ever since I was 6 years old. But whenever it came to extempore or debate competitions I would end up tongue tied after the first two sentences. But I’m glad that the present me has overcome that. Though my feet still shiver, I still manage to speak in front of an audience now. Ofcourse, sometimes my voice is shaky but that doesn’t bother me really. I feel confident in more ways than one; even to acknowledge that I don’t know certain things!

2. The Watched/Read It List

I am currently reading The Shining by Stephen King. I don’t know but for some reason I’m fascinated by the horror genre these days. Books offer such amazing escapes that with every new one I seemed to have lived a different life.


And I’m watching the Sherlock Series 3 and Supernatural these days. Of-course, I also just finished watching The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and both the Hobbit movies last weekend. What can I say I’m stuck in Middle Earth!

3. The Mistake You Never Want to Make

I don’t ever want to raise my yet unborn child with a regionally chauvinistic mindset that I see sprawling around me.

You are not from this state so you are ruining it! Or, you should learn the local language of this state because you are an outsider, so what if it’s within the same country! I don’t ever want my child to say these things to anyone. It’s appalling how even educated people are ridiculously dogmatic when it comes to their state; culture or language today. As clichéd as it sounds, I want to raise my child far from the divides that our country is rampant with.

4. Your Ideal Outfit

Oh there are so many. How can I pick one or even two for that matter? Nevertheless off the top of my mind what I can picture is a Cranberry boat neck dress that ends just above my knees, ofcourse fitted to perfection. For the rest of the time I just want to be as comfortable as possible! And I want my socks too; they are like magic-sacs comforting me every time I wear them.

5. A Deep, Dark—Shhh—Secret

Well this is something that bothers me a lot. Whenever I meet someone new, I inevitably look for their flaws. Sadly my opinion about them stops right there. I think that’s a defense mechanism I have built up over the years especially after my engineering days. My naivety in judging people and always giving them the benefit of the doubt had hurt me big time once. So now I don’t think twice before judging a person in the negative scale! Not good I know, but that’s what being duped in friendship does to you.



6. The Most Unexpected Compliment You Ever Got

I feel like I’m in the seventh heaven when my husband says that his life lacks spice when I’m not around to annoy him! After being married for almost 3 years I think that’s the best compliment I can get, isn’t it?

Of-course subtle compliments from unforeseen corners are welcome too! I got something along the same lines a few months back. It was when I was about to watch Conjuring with my husband and the person at the gate stopped me for my identity proof. He said in just as many words that only adults could watch this movie! Well how could I have not taken that as a compliment?

7. That One Quote

I don’t know but right now all I can think of is this one. Absence makes the heart grow fonder! I hope my husband is listening, or rather reading this, sitting thousands of miles across!

8. The Best Surprise You've Ever Had

No one can ever surprise me. I’m just frustratingly skillful at preempting the surprised planned for me! Or, perhaps no one has yet done meticulous planning to shock me enough!

9. Your True Happiness

Just being at home with my family! Talking, eating, laughing and watching my favorite sitcoms with them, nothing can beat that feeling. What else can I ask for?

10. Your favorite failure

A friendship that gave me so much and then took it all away, a friendship that thrived on my virtues and then suddenly deserted me on my shortcomings. Maybe that’s why I like to define people with their limitations these days.

11. An amendment to the bucket list

Sit in a bar, drink and then sing karaoke! Too much to ask?

Well, these are certain aspects of me, good or bad you are free to decide.

Do we share something in common? Tell me!
 
/

My fellow Bloggers Richa Singh, Shilpa Garg and Suzy are also taking part in UBC. Drop in and cheer them too if you please :). Trust me nothing motivates us bloggers more than a comment from our readers!



Labels: