My Precious!

Having watched the Lord of the Rings Trilogy recently along with both parts of Hobbit there are certain things playing on a loop in my mind. One of that is the phrase ‘My precious’! For those who haven’t read the book or watched the movies, it was the name given to a ring by Gollum or Smeagol, a Stoor Hobbit, which extended his life unnaturally. But all that aside, for some reason these two words have been playing in my mind constantly for at least a week now. So when it was time to write a post for the Ultimate Blog Challenge today I decided to use this as my prompt.

My Precious! There are many people that come to my mind when I ponder upon these words. And it makes me happy that I have at least a handful of names to associate with the expression.

My Sister definitely is one whom I have always, always taken care of as my prized possession. Ever since she was born, ever since mom and dad brought her home covered in a green sweater, she has been mine to care. I cannot see her hurt and can go to any lengths to ensure that she isn’t; right or wrong doesn’t even matter.

A tiny gift,
With smiles replete,
My sister sweet!

My Sis and I
The Love of My Life, my soul mate, S, he is everything a girl could ever want in a partner. Something about the way he makes me feel; the sense of belonging and security, is unparalleled. I must have done something right in my past life to have him with me every step of the way. We have gone through so much together; so much to be with each other and still do, that without him around life seems insignificant.

He picks me up,
Every time I’m down,
My beloved, the jewel in my crown!

Baba, Shobhit and Ma

My Parents where would I be without them? I wish to God that in every life I get them as my parents. Everything I have and everyone I have in my life wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for them. Whatever goodness is in me, whatever is right about me is because of them. This independent life that I am leading in a country like India, where girls are more often than not trampled upon, is because of these two great people and I cannot express in words what they mean to me.

My Guardian Angles,
My support,
Mom and Dad, you both!

There are the four people who are to me my most valued possessions. They are my precious! Who are yours?
***
UBC 31

Yay! I completed the challenge!

My fellow Bloggers Richa SinghShilpa GargSheethal and Suzy are taking part in UBC. Drop in and cheer them too if you please :).Trust me nothing motivates us bloggers more than a comment from our readers!



Labels: